Photobucket

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year from the Fitzgeralds!!!

We just got home from a fun filled family weekend in San Diego with our children and my husband's family.  Usually I end up having to work on New Year's, so we were excited to get out of town.  We drove up to San Diego Thursday night when I got off work. 

Friday after we all got up, our family,  my two sister-in-laws, nieces and nephew drove to Lego Land.  It was a little cold, but we all had a blast.  It was our first time taking the kids to Lego Land and they loved it!  After Lego Land, we drove back to San Diego to meet my mother and father-in-law at the hotel we were all staying at to spend New Year's.  It was also time to say bye to my sister-in-law Tracy and our niece and nephew because they had to go back to Florida after the holiday.  It was great getting to see them over Christmas, and we are looking forward to seeing them again this summer.

                                                   Liam & our niece Kaitlyn
                                         Liam lost his pillow(Rylie's shoulder)
                                                               Pirate Rylie

Saturday Bill and my mother-in-law took our kids to the beach while me, my sister-in-law Melissa, and niece Kaitlyn went shopping and got pedicures(relaxing).  Once we were done at the mall, we headed back to meet everyone for New Year's Eve dinner.  Unfortunately Liam was not liking sitting still at all, so everyone was taking turns entertaining him in between eating.  I felt bad that we couldn't enjoy a quiet dinner, but with an almost two year old, it isn't surprising.

We drove back today from San Diego after spending a nice weekend with our family.  We learned that we most likely will not be eating out at a restaurant until Liam outgrows the, "I don't care if you wanna have a nice sit-down dinner out, I wanna climb out of my highchair and run around!!!" stage.

We are looking forward to the New Year and the exciting things our family is going to experience.  I will start a new job at the end of the week on the Pediatric floor of the hospital I work for now, our Rylie will be turning 5 years old and Liam will be 2 years in April, we will be registering Rylie for kindergarden, with her starting in August, and our third child will be here in May!!!

We hope everyone has a healthy and blessed New Year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment