In the spirit of Mother's Day, I had a couple more Mother's Day posts to share, so a little late here they are. On my first Mother's Day, I had been in a glow of motherhood of our baby girl who was about 6 weeks old. I thought I had it all figured out. She was a happy, healthy, sleeping baby girl(maybe not a great sleeper) but I was on top of the world. My husband for my first Mother's Day made me a steak dinner, flowers, card and this book Motherhood is not for Sissies. I kind of laughed when I first saw it, thinking motherhood is great, couldn't ask for a better baby, it had been easy so far. So yesterday as I celebrated my 5th Mother's Day and now being a mom of two, I realized motherhood is kind of like a game of survivor, us against them.
Not everyday is without some tears, the house isn't always spotless and even sometimes I think, "Wow, kids score 1 and mom 0." I've learned, as long as they are healthy, happy, fed, loved, clean and housed, that's all that really matters. While everyday isn't glamorous in motherhood, everyday is amazing for so many reasons.
Here are some of my favorite quotes form the book:
"Motherhood is not for sissies. A mother needs strength, courage, patience, a big heart, and, most of all, a good sense of humor. Raising children is not for the fainthearted; they disturb your sleep, add wrinkles to your brow, and test limits of your physical endurance."
"All mothers are working mothers."
"That million-dollar smile doesn't come cheap."
"Never tell a child anything you wouldn't want the whole neighborhood to know.
"In the cycles of motherhood, there is never a dull moment.."
"Laughter is like changing a baby's diaper. It doesn't permanently solve any problems, but it makes things more acceptable for a while."
I truely love being a mommy, mainly because I get to be Rylie and Liam's mommy. I am thankful and blessed everyday to have been given these two children.
Monday, May 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment